You know the drill: you have found the winning citation and all you need to do is to get it into your submissions. That’s the bit that takes the longest time; typing checking and typing agin. There is now a much easier way, using JADE® technology.
Following many user requests, the JADE legal research platform team has just implemented a fast way to copy and past citations from the case you are viewing to make your research that much faster and more accurate. This is an additional method to our amazing JADE Marks.
Copying a citation using copy and paste, JADE style
We are going to copy the citation to Butcher v Lachlan Elder Realty Pty Ltd  HCA 60; 218 CLR 592 (02 December 2004). Heres how:
On the right hand side of the case page you will note the top box.
Let’s zoom in:
You will see the [copy] text next to the citations.
The Citation dialogue box
Clicking on that gives you, a dialogue box in the centre of the page:
Selecting the buttons at the bottom, and toggling them, gives you various options:
- Formatted. Turns on formatting of the case name into italics.
- Date. Includes the decision date in parenthesis.
- Bench. Includes the name of member(s) of the Court giving the decision.
- Invert. Reverses the Medium Neutral Citation and the Authorised report (where there is an Medium Neutral Citation).
- All Reports. Provides a listing of all of the known reports for that decision, not just the most authoritative citation.
- Link. provides text which contains a link to the decision in JADE.
Here’s an example of the Formatted and Date Button:
Here’s an example of the all reports button in use:
Simply click on copy to copy that selected text to your clipboard, and next paste it into your document.