As soon as they are released, BarNet’s JADE has the more recent judgments of the High Court of Australia (in medium neutral citation, the High Court of Australia is referred to as: HCA) available for your consideration.
If you subscribe to JADE’s free email alerts service, then you can have these decisions delivered to your inbox within minutes; or as part of a daily digest, if you prefer.
You can check for the latest High Court of Australia decisions on the JADE home page: http://jade.barnet.com.au.
For example, here is the most recent screen:
It is a momentous moment. A dream for every aggregator of content: JADE has just reached its 100,000th Judgment. In fact we instantly exceeded that: we are now at 101,309 decisions. Just three days ago we were at 92,561 decisions.
Why the sudden increase?
Now that we are delighted with the reliability of CaseTrace, we have been ‘backfilling’ cases. We started with the Victorian Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of the Victorian Supreme Court, next we loaded the New South Wales Court of Criminal Appeal and the Supreme Court of New South Wales. We now have decisions back to 1998.
That explains the 9% increase over the weekend!
Expanded pin point coverage
With our new CaseTrace system, we have expanded coverage to Victorian Courts. We are working on enhancing coverage of Queensland Courts, and, after that Western Australian Courts.
Before we commenced phase II of project ‘back fill’:
And we have more growth planned! Both in Australia and abroad. Stay tuned!
Hot on the heels of build 38, comes build 45.
This is mostly a maintenance release. However, the new features have been made available to you:
- ADDED: Enhanced coverage for Victorian Courts in CaseTrace using new Jade 3.2 code base.
- ADDED: Enhanced presentation of links to cited paragraphs in CaseTrace.
- ADDED: New methods of handling the structure of decisions, with a view to new features in CaseTrace.
- FIXED: metadata and invalid decision dates are now better handled.
- IMPROVED: The CaseTrace overlays now provide better indications of cited paragraphs. That is, incoming citations to particular paragraphs.
- BUG FIXES: JAD-1706 JAD-1769 JAD-1839 JAD-1767.
JADE has been updated to version 220.127.116.11. This version includes a number of exciting new features and enhanced performance:
- Feature: CaseTrace. Provides pin-point accuracy for links to later citing decisions. Now supports paragraph ranges in citations. Automatically.
- Improvement: Printing. Now it works and looks reasonably nice. We have more planned for this.
- Improvement: Fonts are now easier to read, and you can select your own. We have Georgia on our mind. Do you?
- Improvement: Table of contents of a decision (we call it the toc), where that decision has a ‘structure’ or a JADE editor has provided one.
- Improvement: Link parsers (the magic which delivers case trace and all of the alerts) now cover an increasing number of jurisdictions and periods.
- Improvement: Citation matching is even more sophisticated. We have a little way to go still, but it’s already rocking.
- Bug Fix: Font issues fixed and fixes to CSS (which makes the site look nice(r)).
- Bug Fix: Simplification and beautification of interface, with more consistency.
These changes are hot on the heels of new features we have introduced, which include (ignoring the enormous amount of programming and testing enhancements we have made):
- Better printing. We have a way to go. But the printing now works!
- Keyboard-based navigation. No need to use a mouse.
- MAJOR SPEED upgrade. Upgrades to our infrastructure and our programming techniques leading to speed improvements of many orders of magnitude.
- Extra metadata behind the scenes. You will see this in alerts and in our forthcoming features.
- Preparation for an easy-to-use Panel interface.
- ‘Backfill’ and reprocessing of earlier cases to take advantage of the brand new features in our parsing system.
- Introduction of JADE Tracks.
- Fixes for various recalcitrant browsers. Now all browsers look pretty good. However, our primary browser development is in Firefox.
Something missing? Do you have a suggestion. We would love to hear. Simply send us an email to: email@example.com.